My my, hey hey,
do you remember who turned 21 last Monday?
Alright, me! Gulping gargoyles, I feel like I just turned 17 a little while ago, and now I am seriously twenty-one? I can't believe it...
At the same time, this 30th of June marked the day when it's been exactly one year that I left a whole life behind - parents, childhood, friends - ever-available company and security - I traded it all in for what people might call "the ultimate freedom".
One can argue about that - if it was really the ultimate freedom I got or just another sort of golden cage - but no one can change it now anyway, and one thing is for sure: I don't regret a thing!
There's a little shout-out about that on the end of the post.
Watch out for the little cute girls with the big knives! :D :D
And then... welcome to the "Curl up and dye Hairsalon"!
With Dom's and Kiwani's help I bleached some more dreadies and looked, according to Travers, like a gladwrap bride... ;)
And because the long-awaited BEARDS gig is coming up next Saturday, Dom thought he's gotta do something with his beard... and so he dyed it. I couldn't convince him to make some little beard-dreadies and bleach them, too...
And on the weekend we went for another paddle with Gombar the canoe, this time up the Mooloolah River and with Kiwani for pretty company
#I'mdying #I'mfreezing #Canweturnaround #Ididn'tsignupforthis #Ican'tpaddle #Letmetakeaselfie
#soldiercrabs!
Oh... and I walked into Dom's room and I got a very delicate snapshot of Dom and his secret affair, the vaccum cleaner "Hetty"....
Well, I think she sucks!
We painted some more on Laurie the car...
this is Dom's work and I think it's lookin' great!
With Kitty's purring help, I also doodled a bit
__________________________________________________
Birthday-thoughts - Shout-out! #roooaaaarrr!!
I was SO enthusiastic, young, wild, free, bursting with wanderlust and hunger for adventure and new big things. I was full of questions to big to ask anyone, too big to even put into proper words. I was reckless, I was bold, I was naive, I was scared and I was brave, I was so goddamn energetic. I felt like I could do anything, and what is true, I COULD do anything. I left a whole life behind, a whole childhood, parents, friends and safety, everything. It feels like there was no kid in the world that was more lucky and more independent and more - more in the spirit of being 20. I was sooooooo 20!
I was so happy. I forged my own luck, or I just had the fate to be so very lucky, I don't really know.
I was so grateful, I still am, sooo grateful. (OOOh sooo thaankful, OOH soo thaaankful! #Nahko)
I still feel like "Gratitude" should be my second name, I still feel almost desperate because I just don't know how to express, where to put all my happiness and gratitude.
Because I had the most awesome and wonderful year of my life - so far!
There is no other way to say it - it was filled with wonder and adventure, beautiful nature, vastness and new insights in little things, the marvels of new friendship, very special kinds of love of which I never seriously thought that they would exist in reality.
Beauty in things you can see and even greater beauty in the things you can not see.
How could I not be above all clouds with happiness and full of gratitude beyond all measure.
Dear God and Great Spirit, Buddha and Pacha Mama, all you stars and suns and moons in my universe, believe me, I am so happy and so grateful!
Don't you ever think I am not, don't you ever think I take it for granted or don't value it... I do.
I got what I asked for, and more.
Did I grow up? I'm not sure. Maybe a bit, but I'm definitely still young! Definitely still barely more than a kid.
#peaceful silence.
No comments:
Post a Comment