So I sat there in Perth's pretty natty city centre with long pants and sleeves and shoes and goosebumps,
eating a Subway-sandwich, being homesick for the first time in my life. Namely, homesick for Sri Lanka.
I never thought that I would be so blue when I finally realize my dream and arrive in Australia, a year or longer full of promises ahead. But I also never thought that I am able to be homesick when my home is always where my feet touch the ground.
Parrots and never seen black and white birds fly around. They make strange never heard sounds, the air tastes different, fresh, everything is green. Horses everywhere, and lots of space. You can kind of feel how huge this country is. It's very beautiful.
People speak as if they got a hot potato in their mouths - that accent is really a challenge - which is accepted!
Spot the difference, not only between the prices... an Australian and a Sri Lankan bus ticket.
DON'T get the impress that Sri Lanka is a dirty and violent place without civilisation. It's just so DIFFERENT, not in a bad way, in fact in a way that makes me miss it and think... "screw the toilet paper..."
This sticker on the bus. That was too much for me. That was really getting me down.
My first Aussie friend is a loku lassanai pusa called Pico..
And of course I have to upload a Kangaroo picture... even if it's actually a wallaby.
For the first time in my life, I had my finger and toe nails polished! It looks so wrong :D
I won't upload a picture of my toes because the contrast between purple pink nail polish and mucky toes is just too scandalizing.
1 comment:
Wow Australia is sooo cool! :D
Post a Comment