Kandy's Botanical Garden
... I don't know anything about plants, their names and origins and what makes them special. Although I was raised by a flower-freaky woman who spends hours studying gardening magazines... the only effect it had on me is that I enjoy beautiful gardens so much.
Put me into a place like the Botanical Garden near Kandy and I will be perfectly happy spending the day strolling around, admiring colourful flowers, hugging and climbing trees, discovering hundreds of big bats hanging upside down in the branches, taking lots of makro shots, cuddling with the grass, listening to music and singing along, falling asleep in the spotty shade under an old tree, watching squirrels that dart from bush to bush with their tails flinching.
The only big bad disappointment was that Jonny was not allowed to take his guitar inside the garden. Jonny, British/Spanish guy with a guitar, travelling with me for the moment. How splendid it would have been if we could have spent the afternoon playing and singing and, in my case, just listening to the relaxing sound of the guitar. But " this is Sri Lanka regulation, no problem, here is safety...!" I wish I could make all the Germans hear the Sri Lankan accent which is very funny to listen to at times...!
Steven Stills made a mellow song called "Johnny's Garden" and for some reason it was in my head all day long...
We ended the day with an awesome Indian dish (Massala Doha?) in a place we called "Mickey Mouse Restaurant".... because on the way to the toilet you could see huge rats climbing around the room and a man in a sarong, broadly smiling, saying " Mickey Mouse! Disney!!"
:3
But the food was outstanding.
Hmmmwwhat a nice day. What a temptation to go there tomorrow again, the Botanical Garden in Kandy.
The world's largest known Bamboo
1 comment:
Anne auf dem Baum...na, das kennen wir doch...
zu Hause war kein Baum vor dir sicher!
Post a Comment