Translate

Monday, 16 February 2015

Wanderlust

Off we go to Sydney where the Wanderlust Festival is held on Cockatoo Island!
Laurie the car is all painted, packed up and in great condition


Bye beautiful Queensland, see ya soon











We wish our weekdays away, spend our weekends in bed
we drink ourselves stupid
and work ourselves dead
and all just because that's what Mum and Dad said we should do

We should run through the forests
we should swim in the streams
we should laugh, we should cry
we should love, we should dream
we should stare at the stars and not just a screen
you should hear what I'm saying and know what it means to

Sing, sing at the top of your voice
Love without fear in your heart
Feel like you still have a choice
If we all light up we can scare away the dark




Do you think my personality is written in stone?
Are you positively certain that you know what you've been shown?
I'm a snapshot of the person that you think I ought to be
So give it up, give it up

I've been the leader
I've been the follower
I've been the dreamer
I've been the wallower
I take the high road
I take the low road
I don't wanna be your mother
I've been down, boys, I've been down, boys
Been right to the top
When you hear me coming you can hear a pin drop








I can hear the soft breathing of the girl that I love
as she lies here beside me, asleep with the night
And her hair in a fine mist floats on my pillow
reflecting the glow of the winter moonlight.

She is soft, she is warm
but my heart remains heavy
and I watch as her breast gently rise, gently fall
for I know with the first light of dawn I'll be leaving
and tonight will be all I have left to recall.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Beautiful song, beautiful dance ;) perfect conditions for dancing at home!!!

Post a Comment