Translate

Thursday, 16 October 2014

Ubud, Uluwatu, Nusa Dua, Nusa Lembongan





Ahhh, all this is already more than one week ago, but still: 
Here are pictures of my time in Ubud, Uluwatu, Nusa Dua and Nusa Lembongan.



Ubud(second visit, this time really) and Uluwatu with Ian and the "Frenchies" :D


A temple on the way


Ian making best friends with the huge fish


Purest beauty.



The famous rice terraces in Tegallalang



In Ubud: Ian and me spotted a Raw Food Restaurant and thinking of our raw food bare foot loving friends Sonya and Russel, we had to try it out!

Bruchetta: this was all I got (each piece was about the size of my palm) and I was almost a bit disappointed at first BUT
I could hardly eat it all. I was soooooo full! And you know how much of a hog I can be.... but I could only lie flat and hold my belly..... magical stuff!!!


Very charming and beautiful breakfast accessory in that lovely home stay in Ubud
(it's a tomato)


They had a Beo bird that could speak! Words in Balinese, English, Japanese, and what else?? He did sneeze and cough as well, super funny :D
"Hello Boss!"


Ganesh


Ian gave his hat to our Balinese taxi driver and this guy was happy-over-the-clouds :D




                  And of my time in Nusa Dua and Nusa Lembongan only with Ian.
(Our 9-people travel pack split up in Uluwatu: some French went home, some to Australia, some to Java.)

And Ian and me decided to get away from the crowded "mainland" Bali and boarded a little boat to take us over the ocean to the little, little island Nusa Lembongan.



The little island Lembongan is great. It is the place in Indonesia that I liked the best so far.
Only a couple of square km big, ever-active Ian and me explored the most of the island on foot within 3 days. And of course, there are not so many tourists, not so many knick-knack stalls, not so many stinky cars and scooters. Instead a little bit of relatively unspoilt natural beauty.



Sunset on the point "Devil's tears"
Spectacular wave-crashing against ragged cliffs, in front of the fiery sun





We happened to walk into a Hindu ceremony featuring this stunningly dressed young ladies dancing the traditional Balinese dances.




The suspension bridge between Nusa Lembongan and the even smaller neighbour island Nusa Ceningan.








"Iiiaann, I think we have to take a selfie here!"





No comments:

Post a Comment