Translate

Tuesday, 1 April 2014

Bluesfest madness

What's going on in Annie's mind so she is so busy, too busy to write blog at all?

It's basically two guys with sick guitar skills and voices so beautiful that they could sing the telephone book and Annie would still sit and listen to them all day. But to make the most of all the madness, they also write quite captivating lyrics... and although they seem to have so much in common, they are so very different and hook me on two opposite ends....  
But there's one thing that the three of us share: Going to the Byron Bay Bluesfest on the Easter Weekend!
May I introduce: JM the second: JOHN MAYER
and JJ the first and one and only: JACK JOHNSON

WELCOME TO MY MADNESS, THERE'S NO HELP FOR ME!
Join the hype!













So I try to understand what I can't hold in my hands
home is wherever you are if there's love here too

Who took the time and where did they take it?
Wanna take it back, I don't wanna let them break it
all these plans that we should be making right now..

Down to the wire, I wanted water but I walk through the fire
if this is what it takes to take me even higher
then I'll come through like I do when the world keeps testing me, testing me...

And I don't wanna disappoint you
and I don't wanna disappear
from here or now or you

Goodbye cold, goodbye rain
goodbye sorrow, and goodbye shame!
I've headed out west with my headphones on
boarded a flight with a song in the back of my soul
that no one knows...

Had a talk with my old man
said help me understand
he said turn sixtyeight
you renegotiate
don't stop this train
don't for a minute chance the place you're in
don't think i couldn't ever understand
I tried my hand
John honestly, we'll never stop this train

I was sitting waiting wishing that you believed in superstitions
then maybe you'd see the signs
but lord knows that this world is cruel
I ain't the lord, I'm just a fool
learning loving somebody don't make them love you

Oh it's taken so long, I could be wrong, I could be ready
but if I take my heart's advice, I could assume, it's still unsteady
I'm never really ready

In my rearview I watch you watching the twilight behind the telephone lines
with nothing to prove or to assume
just thinking that your thoughts are different than mine

Whiskey Whiskey Whiskey
Water Water Water, sleep
Whiskey Whiskey Whiskey
wake up, shake it off and repeat
It'sjust a phase, it's not forever

I wanna turn the whole thing upside down
I'll find the things they say just can't be found
I share this love I found with everyone
we'll sing and dance to mothernature's songs
 I don't want this feeling to go away

She comes and she goes like no one can
she comes and she goes
she's slippin through my hands
she's always buzzin just like neon, neon

Graaavityyy! Stay the hell away from me

Who says I can't get stoned? Plan a trip to Japan alone
Doesn't matter if I even go, who say's I can't get stoned

No good with faces and I'm bad with names
gave me directions but it's all the same
I'm lost, I'm too tired to try

Let's not get ahead of ourselves
there's no need for rain it's our own parade
Let's not be afraid of our reflection
it's not only you you're looking at no
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment